Do you fit this description?
- Experienced and highly motivated
- Intellectually curious
- Looking for a challenging and stimulating environment
- Prefers a workplace that provides autonomy and rewards independent and critical thinking
- Goes beyond ordinary compliance to provide outstanding service to clients
If so, you’d fit right in at MMA – and we’d like to speak with you!
How To Apply
We offer a challenging and stimulating work environment where we encourage staff to “be the partner” and take an active role in client relationships. If you’re looking for a firm that treats you as a professional with flexibility and opportunities to grow, please contact us.
Send your resume and cover letter, including the employment application to:
***For a form-based (fillable PDF) employment application, please send a request to email@example.com.
We will review your resume, and if we have an open position that matches your skills, we will contact you.
Mowat Mackie & Anderson LLP is an equal opportunity employer.
Reports to: Senior Staff, Supervisors, Managers and Partners
The best way to distinguish ourselves from the competition is by providing exceptional, consistent and effective client services. You should strive to be courteous and professional in all communications with clients; efficiently manage workflow to exceed client and statutory deadlines; go beyond “yes” and “no” answers to client questions and develop viable alternatives where possible (“think outside the box”); take responsibility for meeting client expectations.
Interns are expected to develop professionally through on-the-job coaching and direction. Interns should strive to stay current with new tax and accounting developments. Interns should strive for proficiency with computers and technology used by the firm.
Interns who excel will exhibit the following: a positive work ethic and a drive to participate as a member of a team; good oral and written communication skills; self-motivation and interest in taking initiative in your career; strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor; ability to multitask and juggle multiple projects simultaneously; prioritize and meet deadlines; react in a positive manner to instruction and feedback; demonstrate respect of others.
Interns are expected to understand and follow firm policies and procedures, including workflow standards, attendance, and submission of timely and accurate timesheets.
Summary of Responsibilities
Interns are supervised by Senior Accountants, Supervisors, Managers and Partners. They will be given simple accounting and tax assignments initially. As they gain knowledge and experience, and demonstrate responsibility, they are given more difficult assignments. Interns will generally be exposed to a wide variety of engagements in both accounting and tax, to provide a well-rounded view of work in a public accounting firm.
- Work with engagement leaders to determine engagement duties and timetables to accomplish task
- Prepare complete, accurate, orderly and logical workpapers.
- Develop an ability to identify and document relevant information from legal documents (trusts, leases and other contracts).
- Provide timely updates on work in progress to supervisors, managers and partners.
- Manage time and workflow.
- Follow instructions, but exhibit creativity and common sense.
- Develop efficient and business-like approach in performance of assigned duties, including self-review skills.
- Adequately document the testing performed consistent with firm policy and use standardized workpapers where applicable.
- Perform various bookkeeping tasks and prepare related reconciliation.
- Be alert to the proper and consistent application principles in performing all accounting/bookkeeping functions.
- Import trial balances in Engagement and create relevant workpapers.
- As needed, prepare and update checklists.
- Discuss with immediate supervising person questionable accounting principles and account balances.
- Gain a working knowledge of Prosystem Engagement
- Gain a working knowledge of Prosystem Fx tax software.
- Become proficient in inputting client data into tax software.
- Identify items missing from client data in order to prepare a complete and accurate tax return.
- Prepare extensions of time to file based on the client data.
- Perform various bookkeeping tasks and prepare related reconciliations (i.e., accrual to cash, reconciling retained earnings, fixed assets, and depreciation).
CCH AutoFlow: AutoFlow is part of our complete paperless 1040 and 1041 preparation solution. AutoFlow technology extracts information from selected IRS source documents and imports it into the tax software. Our interns are the firm’s “AutoFlow Champions” verifying information that is populated in the tax software. Our interns are a vital part of our 1040 preparation because of their involvement in the AutoFlow technology.
Mowat Mackie & Anderson, LLP is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, creed, gender, gender identity, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other consideration prohibited by federal, state or local laws.
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the requirements noted above, please complete the employment application and email a resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Direct inquiries only, no agencies or phone calls please.